Start Month: M6
End Month: M45
Lead Beneficiary: UPV
- To develop computational models of the atria of patients suffering from AF including substrate modifications like fibrosis, slow conduction, lines of block and lines of ablation from a first (unsuccessful) ablation procedure.
- To develop computational models to study the vulnerable window to develop AF and the effect of anti-arrhythmic drugs on AF vulnerable window and AF maintenance.
- To identify features from single-site and simultaneous multisite electrograms, whose mapping can be used to guide the ablation in the Electrophysiological Lab and to predict its efficacy.
Description of work and Role of Specific Beneficiaries/Partner Organisations:
- Integrated and personalized computational model of atria with AF for an efficient ablation therapy lead by KIT, involving UPV, BRC, KH.
- Assessment of AF therapies targeting ion channels and neural components lead by UNIZAR, involving POLIMI and KIT, KH and MIE.
- Effect of atrial fibrillation dynamics on the efficacy of ablation therapies lead by UNIZAR, involving UPV and KIT, HIC and KH.