Title: Basic Research: Atrial Arrhythmia Mechanisms
Start Month: M6
End Month: M45
Lead Beneficiary: KIT
- To study the influence of anatomical variability of the interatrial connections on the morphology of the P-wave and the interatrial conduction delay (IACD) associated with IAB on patients with normal and dilated left atrium.
- To understand the relationship between various patterns of depolarization in the atria and the corresponding features in 12-lead ECG and in BSPM.
- To study EGM arrays collected in different positions within the atria in term of complex network measures.
Description of work and Role of Specific Beneficiaries/Partner Organisations:
- Bottom-Up study on the implications of interatrial block in the mechanisms of atrial fibrillation lead by POLIMI, involving UPV, KH and BRC.
- Detailed 3-D computer models of human atria and torso for studying atrial fibrillation initiation and progression lead by UPV, involving POLIMI and KIT , HIC and MIE.
- Body Surface Potential Maps and ECG-signals of AF lead by KIT, involving UMIL and UNIZAR, MIE and KH.
- Atrial complex networks in endocavitary recordings during AF lead by UMIL, involving LU/UPV and UNIZAR, SKANE/KH.