The call for applications is open until the end of February 2018.
WE ARE HIRING!
The MY-ATRIA Innovative Training Network (ITN), funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme, is looking for 12 highly motivated Ph.D. candidates. The applicants should hold a MSc degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Applied Mathematics, be within the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. The selected candidates will be employed as Early Stage Researchers (ESR) and will receive a highly competitive salary, in accordance with the MSCA regulations. MY-ATRIA will offer an Innovative Training Network program in which Ph.D. research activity and Academic formation are complemented by a network-wide secondments scheme, workshops and summer schools, providing each ESR employed in the network with a wide intersectoral and interdisciplinary background.
The scientific goal of MY-ATRIA is to address, using modelling, simulations and the analysis of biomedical signals and data, the challenging research questions related to detecting atrial arrhythmias with novel device technology as well as to understand the influence of atrial geometries, anatomical substrates and remodelling processes in atrial disease development and response to treatment. The MY‐ATRIA network consists of leading academic and industrial European institutions from 5 different countries (Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Spain). The list of research topics and hosting institutions providing the fellowship is available here
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying Applicants should provide the following list of documents:
- Application Form
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Copies of degree and academic transcripts (with grades and rankings)
- Summary of Master thesis (max. 1 page)
- Short CV including a publication list (if any)
- Contact details of two Academics which will provide reference letters (see the call for application for details)
- Proof of English language skills (if required by the host institution)
- Passport copy
All the above-mentioned documents must be collected in a single pdf file, and then sent to the MY-ATRIA email address: email@example.com. Any other means/format for submitting the application will not be accepted.
NOTE: Candidates may apply for more than one Individual Research Project (maximum 12), but only a single application form must be submitted, in which the Candidate must provide the list of fellowships/hosting institution for which he/she is applying. Those must be listed in order of preference.
Before considering your application please check you are eligible as Early-Stage Researchers (ESR):
- ESRs shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
In selecting the hosting institution please also check the following Mobility Rule
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment.
and local legislative constrains indicated in the Individual Research Project (IRP) document.